UK’s top paramedic Malcolm Woollard died of prescription drug overdose

Britain’s top paramedic, 57, was found dead in bed by neighbour after taking accidental overdose of morphine prescribed for his chronic back pain

Britain’s top paramedic died after overdosing on the 19 drugs he took for back pain each day, an inquest heard.

Professor Malcolm Woollard, 57, was found lying naked in his bed in Llangattock, near Abergavenny, South Wales in July last year.

He was discovered after a neighbour became concerned with mail piling up outside his house – but could have been dead for a week before he was found.

Pontypridd Coroner’s Court heard he had chronic back pain and was regularly admitted to hospital for taking too much morphine.

He was the first paramedic in the UK to be awarded the title of Professor and was Chairman of the British Paramedics Association

More….

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6573327/Chairman-Paramedics-Association-Malcolm-Woollard-overdosed-prescription-drugs-inquest-hears.html